As a NSI Gold company, Gough and Kelly is a premier provider of security products and services and has served the north of England for over three decades. We are one of Yorkshire’s fastest growing companies, and we work with clients including Leeds United FC, the LNER Stadium and Sheffield University.
We are now recruiting multiple Safety and SIA Stewards to join our friendly, approachable stewarding and security team, in Leeds, York and Castleford. Successful candidates will be responsible for providing security to public areas of the event venues or stadiums, including hospitality, response teams or licence areas.
The minimum pay rate for the SIA position is £11.25 per hour and £10 per hour for the Safety Steward position.
- To be proactive and always seek opportunities to provide extra assistance to our event attendees.
- To respond to breaches of venue/event regulations and handle any difficult situations accordingly.
- To communicate clearly and accurately with attendees in a professional, friendly and approachable manner.
- To take pride in your appearance and be immaculately presented at all times.
- To be self-motivated and comfortable in a diverse range of scenarios.
- To use your initiative and act in a calm manner, when necessary, to ensure attendees safety.
- SIA Stewards must hold a valid SIA Door Supervisor Licence or Close Protection
- Outgoing personality with excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Flexibility as shifts can often begin early and finish late.
- Reliability and punctuality.
- All successful candidates will be required to attend and participate in all relevant training sessions during their work.
- Previous stewarding experience would be beneficial.
What we offer:
- Excellent rate of pay – £10.00-11.25 per hour
- Flexible and casual working – pick and choose when you wish to work
- Enrolment to Wagestream – access up to 50% of your wages before pay day!
- Ongoing training and the potential to obtain SIA licence
Please note, this position is based on casual hours only and shifts are not set or guaranteed.
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV to Millie Considine: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gough and Kelly are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed not only to our legal obligations but also to the positive promotion of equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.